Responsibilities of the mirror maintainer:
- Acquire new mirrors sites
- Maintain the mirror list for the mirror status page currently at http://mirror.opencsw.org/status and contact mirror maintainers if they are out of sync for an extended period of time
- Administer rsync-/http-/<whatever>-access on the master mirror and make sure the mirrors can properly sync
- Tell them to use the -H flag.
- Locate unofficial mirrors from time to time and either make them official or ban them
- Report about the progress from time to time on the maintainer list
- May work on project for auto-mirror-selection by proximity similar to http://www.supersparrow.org/
- It would be a good idea to have mirror requirements similar to http://sunfreeware.mirrors.tds.net/ftp.html#requirements, especially (4):
- Please keep web site hits and ftp download statistics in as much detail as possible and then send them to me monthly. There are several reasons for this. First, is so that I can know what programs are being downloaded so that I can plan to add these programs to my lists for other releases of Solaris. Also, my funding sources often need to know of the success of this effort. The more data I can provide, the better.
page revision: 1, last edited: 20 Nov 2008 10:18