OpenCSW aims to produce an easy to use open source software distribution installable on top of Solaris and Solaris-based systems, developed by a transparent and democratic community. OpenCSW is dedicated to working closely with upstream projects to improve portability of open source software.
You're welcome to contribute to the wiki (start with "Join the wiki" in the menu on the left).
- http://www.opencsw.org/ — main web site
- http://gar.sf.net/ — SourceForge code repository with package build descriptions
- http://opencsw.sf.net/ — SourceForge code repository with project-related utilities
- http://buildfarm.opencsw.org/experimental.html — Experimental packages, allows to see and download current work in progress
- http://mirror.opencsw.org/ — Main OpenCSW mirror
- http://www.opencsw.org/community/ — OpenCSW Community Site
Getting started quickly
To get started quickly please use this to bootstrap your system with pkgutil:
# pkgadd -d http://get.opencsw.org/now
The above is for Solaris 10, for Solaris 9 please see this page for more details.
After you have installed a package check out the package documentation index to get documentation for your packages and tips & tricks.
- Summercamp 2013 in Berlin
- Summercamp 2012 in Munich
- Release "Dublin" open for topic discussion
- Annual Meeting 2010 (incl. vote for a new board)
- Packaging shared libraries
- Checkpkg error tags
- Koha (integrated library system)
- GNU coreutils and CSWgnulink-removal project started
- Porting FAQ, Adding Gnulib
- ImageMagick 64 Bit
- "Alternatives" project
- Releases and staging (unstable, testing, stable) proposal
- Perl 5.10.x update project
- OpenCSW Association founded
- IRL meeting in Switzerland, December 6th 2008
- cswclassutils - this package makes it easy to support common tasks like SMF in your packages (now updated with mGAR v2 info)